Cork Free Presbyterian Church, 10 Briarscourt (Annex) Shanakiel, Cork, Ireland Pastor: Colin Maxwell. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
CALVINISTIC INDEX PAGE
CLICK HERE SEARCH ENGINE TO SEARCH OUR SITE
Dealing with those issues that flow from the doctrines commonly known as of Calvinism and their battle against Arminianism.
* The Calvinism debate simplified. The crux of the debate set forth for you to discern where truth really lies.
* What non Calvinists should know about Calvinist belief's: A simple list of around 24 misunderstandings which non Calvinists often have about Calvinists. Not so much a defence of Calvinism…but an information page. Should prove helpful to any who want to know what Calvinists do and do not believe.
* Some advice to those who take it upon themselves to write against Calvinism. From a Calvinist who often has a look at anti Calvinist sites and groans at what he is told he believes.
* Taking on the Calvinists. A practical look at what I would do if I were a critic of Calvinism.
* Some of the "hard sayings" of Calvinism explained. Especially for those who are to know more.
* Serious Questions for Calvinists Seriously Answered: A non Calvinist friend of mine has posed the following questions…I seek to answer them here. Basically…why are the non elect damned if God did withholds repentance and faith? A good read.
* Emails. Replies to the various articles on this page Some responses and replies from those who have read these pages. Quite a number appear here...indexes to past emails.
* Ongoing friendly discussion with an non Calvinist on some Calvinistic matters. Grew out of some comments on the above page on Calvinistic emails.
* Seven reasons why Calvinists believe in evangelism. The Bible speaks about seven men rendering one reason. Well…here is one man rendering seven reasons.
* Hyper Calvinism and evangelism. Answering a Hyper Calvinist cartoon. Is evangelism worthwhile?
* How can God foreordain sinful events and still hold the sinner responsible? How can God ordain the cross according to His determinate counsel and yet condemn the hands that carried out His will as wicked? (Acts 2:23) An interesting article by the American theologian W.G.T. Shedd explains how. I have added many subheadings to the original text making it easy to read. Good stuff! A short paragraph by Thomas Boston is appended on the subject…very illuminating indeed.
* Balanced Calvinism A short chart showing how Calvinism is balanced in its grasp of the Bible as contrasted with Arminianism on one hand and Hyper Calvinism on the other.
* Calvin the Soulwinner Quotes from and about Calvin showing that he was not an Ivory Tower theologian, unconcerned about the lost, but greatly desirous for their salvation.
* Calvinistic Answers to anti Calvinist Questions From a Website. Interesting read, although some bizarre statements (as opposed to questions) appeared. Overall a good read.
* More Calvinistic Answers to anti Calvinist Questions Found another Website which poses a few questions. I have kept my answers brief and easy to read. It is always good to be challenged by those who take an alternative view.
* Should Calvinists read anti-Calvinistic literature? An article sparked by reading the blurb of "What Love is this? - Calvinism's Misrepresentation of God" by Dave Hunt.
* What claim is this OR Who are you kidding Mr Hunt? Examining and demolishing Dave Hunt's extraordinary claim that CH Spurgeon "unequivocally" denied Particular Redemption and regarded it as "heresy" Sheer nonsense.
* Dave Hunt…CH Spurgeon and Calvinism: A look at some references from Dave Hunt's new book where he quotes from Spurgeon to attack Calvinism.
* 6 reasons why I reject Dave Hunt's Book What love is this? Another look at Hunt's book…coming at it from a different angle.
* David Cloud endorses Dave Hunt's book on Calvinism, quoting various passages with approval. We comment on the quoted parts. Read here how Hunt twisted the wording of Calvin's will for his own ends and his ludicrous claim that Calvin never once in the Institutes taught that God loves the lost. Honestly! Read it here.
* David Cloud's (Way of Life) Article on Calvinism is reviewed here. The original article, although flawed, is gracious in tone and we sought to maintain the same spirit of graciousness which ought to be present when believers of different opinions discuss any doctrine.
* Will the real John Calvin please stand up? Did Calvin "denounce" the free offer of the gospel as claimed by David Cloud in the article above? Here are quotations from Calvin's own writings which prove otherwise.
* David Cloud and John 6:37 Another one of David Cloud's blasts supposedly against Calvinism answered. As Cloud multiplies texts which put the blame on the sinner...we quote Calvin's comments on the same texts which do the same thing!
* How reliable is David Cloud as a critic of Calvinism? I speak as to wise men - judge for yourselves what he says.
* 12 proofs Spurgeon believed in Total Depravity
* 12 proofs Spurgeon believed in Unconditional Election
* 12 proofs Spurgeon believed in Particular Redemption
* 12 proofs Spurgeon believed in Irresistible Grace
* 12 proofs Spurgeon believed in the Perseverance of the Saints
* CH Spurgeon - a Calvinist to the last Drawn from Spurgeon's own comments - evidence that he believed in the 5 points of Calvinism right to the end of his life and ministry.
* Calvinism and the Authorised (King James) Version issue. Can heretics and propagators of another gospel (Galatians 1:8) be used mightily of God to produce for us the best translation? A few thoughts from a Calvinistic lover of the AV.
* Some anti Calvinist websites reviewed. A look at several anti-Calvinist sites of varying worth. Criticising the critics!
* Useful Calvinistic URLS. Links to Reformed material. It does what it exactly it says on the tin. Some good stuff here!
* The three legged stool. Three great maxim's to keep before you when interpreting the Bible. Take away any leg…and the stool will fall.
* Calvinists and the free offer: Quotations from the writings of many prominent Calvinists to show that we do believe that salvation is to be offered freely and universally to all men without distinction and not only to the elect.
* What Charles Haddon Spurgeon said about Calvin and Calvinists (and hyper Calvinists too!) Drawn from his sermons and other material.
* The C.H. SPURGEON Index Page: Spurgeon on Calvinism in general and the five points in particular.
* Has God purposed to save any other than His own elect? In popular conversational style with an invitation for you to contribute!
* The implications of Calvinism by Mark Huss refuted: I was appalled when I read Mr Huss's critique of Calvinism and felt that it needed to be refuted. Gives you an idea of how Arminians can paint their own idea of Calvinism and then set themselves forth as defenders of orthodoxy.
* Some misconceptions about Calvinism put right: Not so much as an attempt to defend Calvinist doctrine but rather to tear away the nonsense which some people confuse with it.
* Table of verses which distinctly teach the Sovereignty of God along with short explanation and application: Good wholesome doctrine. See complimentary study below on man's responsibility also.
* Table of verses which distinctly teach the Responsibility of man along with short explanation: Good wholesome doctrine. See complimentary study above on God's sovereignty also.
* Sober Questions for those who believe in the General Redemption of elect and reprobates alike. Questions which General Redemptionists need to answer. Did Jesus Christ really die to keep Cain out of hell? Did He really take away Cain's sins? etc.,
* Did Christ actually redeem the apostates mentioned in 2 Peter 2:1 with His blood? If so, then our Calvinistic doctrine of Particular Redemption falls to the ground.
* Start with God - Not with Man. A few thoughts.
* Once saved…always saved? Really? A fresh look with a better suggestion.
* What do you know about Calvinism? A quiz to test your knowledge of the Doctrines of Grace. With answers.
* A refutation of a claim made in Christianity Today that John Calvin did not believe their own maxim of Sola Scriptura. Just where did Calvin stand?
* Calvinistic Book Reviews. As it says!
* Sovereignty of God poem. I'm not into poetry, but I love this 12 liner: When statesmen have made their last parley… A real encouragement in dark days.
* A defence of the weekly Sabbath gospel meeting. Answering one who raises objections against it.
CALVINIST DOCTRINE BIBLE STUDIES
* First Bible Study on the Sovereignty of God: God has a plan. Establishing the thought that absolutely nothing happens by chance or outside the decree of God.
* Second Bible Study on the Sovereignty of God: God's plan extends to salvation. If it extends to the small things, it most certainly extends to the most important issue of all: our salvation.
*Third Bible Study on the Sovereignty of God: The Total Depravity of the Human Race. What happened when Adam fell in the Garden of Eden? We lost our ability to do good or naturally respond to good for one.
* Fourth Bible Study on the Sovereignty of God: Unconditional Election. If we cannot save ourselves, then God must save us. Yet it is evident that not all are going to be saved.
*Fifth Bible Study on the Sovereignty of God: Limited Atonement. Did Christ die to redeem those whom God has not purposed to save?
*Sixth Bible Study on the Sovereignty of God: Irresistible Grace. How can the spiritually dead sinner avail of what Christ has wrought for him?
* Seventh Bible Study on the Sovereignty of God: Perseverance of the Saints. Is it possible that one elected from all eternity, died for on Calvary and wrought upon by the Spirit of God unto salvation could finally be lost in hell?
*Eighth Bible Study on the Sovereignty of God: The outworking of the Doctrine of Grace. How do these doctrines affect my assurance of salvation, personal holiness and prayer life?
*Ninth Bible Study on the Sovereignty of God: The Doctrines of Grace and Evangelism and Hyper Calvinism. Why do we evangelise? What is the difference between a Calvinist and a hyper Calvinist? Is it just degree of zeal?
RETURN TO INDEX